EP 192: The Serve-First Way: Passion Over Profits
This is part two of our eight-part series on being a serve-first entrepreneur. We’re going to talk about shifts you need to make to build a truly serve-first business. We’ll also discuss why you need a passion for your business that goes beyond money.
Being a serve-first entrepreneur means you’re not obsessed with creating a business that is totally passive. That’s why it’s important to love what you do. This is about building a business that will last. If you’re passionate about the business you’re building, you’re not going to be looking for ways to “retire” but will want to keep doing what you do.
What You'll Learn in Today's Episode
- How entrepreneurship is similar to the music industry.
- Why if money is your goal, you’re better off working for someone else than building your own business.
- What people don’t tell you about entrepreneurship.
- The 3 distinct passions you need to be thinking about as you build your business.
- Why you need a passion for the people you serve.
- Why you need a passion for your cause.
- Why you need a passion for your solution.
- Why if you chase profits rather than passion, the chances you’ll make money are low.
- Why if you put passions over profit, you’ll become magnetic.