EP 197: The Serve-First Way: Long Term Over Short Term
We’re continuing our discussion of what it means to be a serve-first entrepreneur. Today we’ll talk about taking a long term view of our business and discuss the long term benefits of this approach.
I’ve been talking a lot about my free resource BADA$$ Online Marketing University. This is an example of taking a long term view of business. I’m giving away my best content to serve other entrepreneurs in the online space.
But taking a long view approach to online business isn’t popular. Everyone wants to be an overnight success. They’re looking for the easy button. Even though that’s not the way life works, that’s what we expect.
The people telling you that you don’t want to trade dollars for hours aren’t giving you the full context. It has distorted our view of hard work and success. We get wrapped up in the overnight success stories, but they’re not usually overnight success stories.
What You'll Learn in Today's Episode
- Why the “overnight success stories” aren’t what they’re cracked up to be.
- Why you should be cautious of taking the “hare” approach or the easy way.
- Why using shortcuts to get ahead will eventually backfire.
- Why success comes from gradual growth and goodwill.
- How the online marketing world plays to our worst tendencies.
- Why the claims and messaging in the online marketing space have gotten out of hand.
- Why the serve-first approach takes longer and why you need to have a long view.
- Why taking the long view in your business and doing the work will make you more successful over time.